This week, since I haven’t yet written the next Wonder Wednesday, I decided to accept these awards that I should have accepted… months ago… **crawls under desk in utter shame** So I guess this Wonder Wednesday, you get to find out more about me. I’m not sure how I feel about that… I didn’t want to be the subject of a Wonder Wednesday, but I do like awards, so… 😆 Here we go. 🙂
(Also, I am very behind in responding to comments and I’m slowly getting to them all, just in case you have commented and I haven’t responded yet. 😉 )
Thank you to Carly and Gail for nominating me for this award! 🙂 It means a lot to me that you think I’m deserving of this award. ❤
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
My blog started in April of 2016, mostly because my friends had WordPress blogs. I started it mainly to share things with them – I never expected so many people would visit my little blog and that I would meet so many wonderful people here. It has been a blessing. ❤
Two pieces of advice…
Firstly, let God lead you to write. When I started blogging, I never really intended to share my poetry and photos. I thought I wanted to alternate between book reviews and Bible studies. Not that there is anything wrong with those. I had put myself and this blog in a box when God obviously wanted me to do more than just that and trying to fight against it caused unneeded writer’s block and stress about writing the next post. Once I opened up and followed Him, things worked out so much better and blogging was much easier.
Secondly, read other blogs. Like the posts. Comment if you want to. (But please don’t like and comment if you don’t actually read, haha.) The community is amazing. I was so shy at first, that I didn’t comment much. I try to comment more now.
Thank you to Amazing Tangled Grace for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! 🙂 It means so much that you thought of me. 🙂 Again, I am skipping the facts part because after answering all these amazing questions, I don’t know what else I can say about myself. 😆
What is a Mystery Blogger Award?
Okoto Enigma created this award by being what she calls “creatively bored”, obliquely naming it after herself, which is both clever and cool! This award is for “amazing and ingenious” bloggers alike, who find “fun and passion” in writing.
Here are the Rules:
Put the award logo/image on your blog.
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10-20 people.
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; With one weird or funny question (specify).
Share your link to your best post (s).
The questions I was given:
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Mmm, I like so many… maybe cheesecake. 😀
- What is your favorite work of fiction?
- Just one? 😮 At the moment, I really like Once Upon A Summer by Janet Oke. I read it for the second time and it was wonderful.
- Pepsi or Coke?
- Coke! Haha, Pepsi is good too, but I have such fond memories of visiting my grandparents as a kid and they always let me drink a Coke in a glass bottle, and it was so special. ❤
- What was something that made you smile today?
- Writing this post and seeing these wonderful people who thought my little blog deserves these awards. ❤
- What are your three favorite things about blogging?
- Talking to the community. Reading posts by the community. Adding my own posts to the community. ❤
Picking nominees is sometimes the most stressful part of the awards because I don’t want to leave anyone out. So I’m going to leave these open to anyone who wants to participate. 🙂
Questions for the nominees:
Same as the ones in the awards above. 😉