Rapid Fire Book Tag
Thanks for tagging me, Hannah! Sorry I’m a bit late in responding to this; I wrote it out and saved it as a draft and just realized I didn’t publish it. Oops. XD This was so fun to do! 😀
- Ebooks or Physical Books?
- Physical books! Nothing like holding the book in my hands, flipping pages, and if the book is old, there is that lovely smell!
- Paperbacks or Hardbacks?
- Hardbacks! They are not flimsy when I pick them up and they are harder to damage, and I’ve been known to drop and dent books before…
- Online or In-Store Book Shopping?
- In store, if they have it. I’ve found that many times, the stores don’t have them, so I go to eBay if that happens. XD
- Trilogies or Series?
- Hmm… I really love series. But trilogies are great too! Uh… series!
- Heroes or Villains?
- Heroes! 😀
- A Book You Want Everyone to Read?
- The Bible!
- Recommend an Underrated Book
- The White Witch by Janet Grube. I don’t understand why so many people on Goodreads rated it one star. It was one of my favorites. (It was about the plague in the 1600’s and a girl who was accused of being a witch. It was a great historical fiction novel. I’ve read it several times.)
- The Last Book I Finished
- Black by Ted Dekker. It was so good.
- Weirdest Thing You Have Used as a Bookmark?
- After ripping open the Kleenex box, I stuck the cardboard remains in a book. Does that count? XD Also, when someone gave me a book, I kept the little gift tag and used it as a bookmark. Oh, and there was the time I used a Goodwill receipt – but I was on the way home in the car and had no bookmark, so it was either wait to read or that. 😂
- Used Books, Yes or No?
- YES! YESYESYESYES – **ahem**
- Top Three Favorite Genres?
- Only three?! Uh… Christian, Historical, and Fantasy.
- Borrow or Buy?
- I usually buy, because we don’t go by where the library is often.
- Characters or Plot?
- Tough one! Plot, I guess? There have been times I didn’t like the character but the plot was good, so I kept going, but if the plot isn’t good, I’m not sure if a good character or setting would be enough to redeem it.
- Long or Short Books?
- Long! It takes a while to finish, but it’s worth it!
- Long or Short Chapters?
- Medium! #rebel Actually, short. Long is good too, but… short makes it easier to find a stopping place, haha. Or, long chapters divided into several parts like Winds of Promise (by Thoene) seems to do sometimes.
- Name the First Three Books You Think Of
- Switch by Ingrid Law, Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ by John Piper and Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Deibler Rose.
- Books That Make You Laugh or Cry
- Savvy by Ingrid Law made me laugh several times – it was great. The last book of Narnia almost made me cry. It was that good.
- Our World or Fictional Worlds?
- ACK. That’s hard. XD I love both, really, but I appreciate fictional worlds so much. Especially so after many attempts at creating some that failed miserably.
- Audiobooks, Yes or No?
- I’ve never tried an audio book, so I’m not sure.
- Do You Ever Judge a Book By Its Cover?
- …yes I have. I try not to, but it has happened, haha.
- Book to Movie or Book to TV Adaptations?
- Yikes, that is hard too! Um… perhaps book to movie, because it seems like most of the time, they stick closer to the book.
- Series or Standalones?
- I CAN’T DO IT. 😂 Both are really great, but I do like that standalones end, while many series keep on going. However, I love so many series. I guess I’ll go with series. XD
Anyone reading this! 😉
No pressure to do this, but have fun if you do! 🙂