…it’s now 1005, I took this screenshot a couple of days ago, intending to post then but never got to it. 😅
Guys, this has been an amazing journey, and I appreciate each and every one of you. Thanks for following along with me. ❤
I’ll leave you with a photo of God’s glory in the heavens – this was at the end of Day One of the Adventures In Arkansas that I recently posted about. (I took over 700 photos so the post didn’t showcase everything. XD) I have a lot of drafts I plan to finish up over the next few days, so see you soon! For the next one, it is scheduled for 10 AM CST today. 😀
Aaaaaaaaah! This is the second time I’ve been nominated for this award, the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you, Faye, for the nomination! This certainly brightened my week! ❤ Sorry it took me so long to get to it though. **blushes**
-My Questions To Answer-
- What is one thing you absolutely love but would probably surprise those who know you?
- The people who know me know most things about me and especially what I love… but maybe this counts? I really enjoy chicken livers, gizzards, and hearts. My mom will cook some sometimes just for me. 🙂
- What is your favorite worship song and why?
- Only one…? I absolutely LOVE In Christ Alone. here are a few of my favorite versions of it:
- What movie did you last watch? How would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?
- War Room, and 10 of 10. It was my second time watching it and it was great. 🙂
- Who are a few of your favorite fictitious characters and why?
- Skye (Daisy) from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Nancy Drew. Not really sure why besides the fact that they are awesome.
- What are three things you can do today to brighten someone’s day?
- Some household chores so my mom doesn’t have to.
- Give my cats a lap to curl up in (and hope that they don’t argue about who gets the lap first…)
- Bake brownies!
- What is your favorite dessert to bake?
- Speaking of brownies… XD Yeah. They are easier than some desserts to cook and so tasty!
- What is your favorite inspirational quote? Share the quote.
- Do you own any pets? If so, list the kind/breed and its/their name(s).
- All cats and all mixed breeds. 🙂 Angel (she’s my oldest – she will be 14 this August!), Belle, Blackie, Catalina, Dottie, Firecracker, Gabby, Lolli, Monkey, Ode, Simone, Sketcher, and Sparrow. Yeah. I pretty much took in a feral cat population back in 2008. Not all of them are considered “feral” anymore. I tamed many of them. It took five years to tame some of them, and some may never be tame.
- What are three of your favorite hobbies?
- Only three? XD Hmm… writing, photography, and reading. 🙂 Blogging is kind of like all of those combined into one lovely activity, haha. 🙂
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When someone takes the Lord’s name in vain. It’s awful. It drives me nuts.
- What are several things you are thankful for right now?
- My Savior.
- My parents.
- My friends.
The rules are simple; just answer the questions, write out new questions (or not… XD Am I allowed to borrow Faye’s questions? I hope so.), and nominate a few blogs to answer those. 🙂
Incomplete Thinker @ Incomplete Thinking
Margaret @ The Word
Carly @ My Ink Smears (her new blog – if you haven’t checked it out yet, the link is right there. 😉 )
Jo @ Fearless in Jesus
Tammy @ God Inspired Art
Everyone reading this! 🙂
I can’t believe it has been a year! My, how time flies. Thank you all for reading, liking, commenting, and following. 💕
In the last year, I’ve met so many wonderful people on this platform. It has been such an incredible journey thus far, and I can’t wait to see what the second year has in store. 🙂
Have a great weekend, y’all! ❤
Thank you so much, Shattered In Him, for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! 🙂 I’m sorry it took me so long post it; I got stuck on thing #5 and it took a while to come up with two more things about me. XD
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
7 Facts About Me:
Coming up with facts was harder than I thought; I didn’t want to repeat myself. XD
- I can write backwards almost as easily as forwards. Not just in print, but in cursive. It’s strange. And it freaks out some people. And annoys other people, when I give them a message and they have to go find a mirror to read it… 😂
- I’m shy. I’ve posted 95 posts (now 96 posts – I’m so close to 100!) on my blog thus far, and I never thought I would make even close to that milestone. I was so scared to try this new thing called “blogging” at first. I posted twice in April of 2016 and then completely dropped off the face of the blogoshere in May. XD It’s easier to talk to people in text and I finally decided to go for it and began posting again in June. 🙂 I’m so glad I did!
- Until last month, I had not seen Frozen. I am probably one of the few people in America who hadn’t. I identify with Anna so much. Even though I’m shy, I have a tendency to ramble to people I know well and am a bit of a klutz too. Okay, maybe a total klutz. If only I had that red hair…😉
- I love snow, but we don’t get it much where I live. ♫♪ Yes, I want to build a snowman. Come on let’s go and play. I never see snow anymore. It’s snow I’m waiting for. I wanna make a display… ♪♫ (Sing to the melody of “Do You Want To Build A Snowman” from the Frozen soundtrack. 😂) We finally got about a half an inch last week though! It wasn’t enough for a snowman, unless it could be five inches tall; and when I tried that, it was a powdery, doesn’t-stick-together-to-build-anything-or-even-throw-at-people snow. 😛 At least it was pretty to look at.
- I like learning new words. When I read books, I write down the words I don’t know and then look them up and make a list so that I can memorize them. Catawampus, ignominious, lackadaisical, loquacious, mellifluous, pusillanimous – I think cacophony is probably my new favorite right now. XD
- This is my sixth award! I feel so honored. 🙂
- I live in the Natural State. #southerngirlatheart
Pete Gardner Psalms (Or Pete Gardner’s Blog or Traveling With Paul)
LeneInJapan (Wrestling with Faith – Dancing with Jesus or Song of Virginity)
Woman For Jesus
Wings of Poetry
Martha L Shaw
Keri L (Who just published her first book!!! Congratulations!)
Light Ministry Blog
The Light Breaks Through
The Showers of Blessing
Thank you so much, Shower of Blessings, for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! 😀
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to.
A brief history of how my blog started:
This blog came into existence because a few of my friends have blogs, and I thought it might be a good idea. 🙂 I intended this blog to be half Christian posts and half book reviews and everything else, but lately, I’ve been posting pretty much all Christian topics so I suppose it has evolved into a mostly Christian blog. I do have a few boo reviews planned for the future though. They are Christian books. 🙂
Advice to new bloggers:
When I started blogging, I new practically nothing about it. I was so lost. Thankfully, my friends helped me out with the setup and figuring out how things work. I discovered this post by TheDaddyBlitz when someone reblogged it many months ago and it was a life saver. If you have a few minutes to spare, I recommend checking it out. 🙂 Until I read that post, I didn’t even now I had an admin panel! So my first piece of advice would be to read that post, if that counts. 🙂
Secondly, read a lot of blogs so that you can like a lot of blog posts and comment on blogs! That’s how I discovered a lot of blogs, when they like me or comment on my posts. 😀
Nominees, in no particular order:
Faith Hope Food
Shattered In Him
The Comfortable Coop (or The Comfortable Coop)
Pete Gardner’s Blog (or Pete Gardner’s Psalms? I wasn’t sure which to link to. XD )
Mixed and Modest
Faith, Sigh and DIY
Encouragement and Poetry
Wrestling With Faith, Dancing With Jesus (Or Song of Virginity; I wasn’t sure which to link to. XD )
No pressure to accept, but have fun if you do! 🙂