Thank you Urvashi’s Thoughts for nominating little ol’ me for this really cool award. It was such a pleasant and unexpected surprise, and it made my day!
The rules are that I thank the person who nominated me, answer the 11 questions presented to me, and then nominate up to 11 blogs and give them 11 questions to answer. Lets do this! 🙂
Without further ado, here is the Q&A:
1. What is your favourite time of the day ?
Probably dusk. I like to observe the beautiful colors that the setting sun makes, watch the stars pop out of the darkening sky, and also watch the nocturnal critters as they come scurrying out of their hiding places. (I would say morning, however, I’m rarely awake for the sunrises. XD)
2. Do you have any siblings ? If yes how many ?
I am an only child. 🙂 Unless you count Angel, our 13-year-old cat who thinks she is a person… 😄
3. Favourite dessert ?
Probably cheesecake, though I enjoy anything that is covered in, dipped in, or filled with chocolate, especially if the chocolate is dark.
4. One weird habit you have ?
When I’m bored or nervous, I sometimes twiddle my thumbs. I know that doesn’t sound weird, but I’m one of those people who has “double joints” (extra cartilage between joints). Because of that, it kind of looks like I’m breaking both of my thumbs, which freak people out and makes it weird. 😄
5. What inspires you to write ?
My biggest inspiration is a Who – Jesus. 🙂 I like weaving words together, so the challenge of writing inspires me to write too. I recently wrote some Christian Nancy Drew fan-fiction (an alternate ending to the 15th Nancy Drew game) for Camp NaNoWriMo [If anyone wants to read the synopsis, it’s here], which totaled about 15K words, and last November for NaNoWriMo, I wrote 87K for a Christian Dystopian Young Adult novel, which has since decided to split into four novels [And if you’d like to read the synopsis for this one, it’s here]. I usually don’t do well under pressure, but the pressure from those events was really fun. 😄 And one last thing: Artwork. Sometimes I see a photo, a drawing or a painting, and I’ll end up writing a whole story or novel based on it.
6. What is your biggest turn off ?
Swear words. I despise swear words.
7. What is your life mantra?
I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me, which is from Philippians 4:13. I worry too much about things, so this is my go-to verse, which also counts as a mantra, I suppose. 🙂
8. Have you ever received a gift and pretended to like it ?
Once when I was a kid, but it wasn’t 100% that I pretended to like it; I already knew I liked it because I already had one. 😄 (I still remember what it was too: A Bug’s Life on VHS.)
9. One food item you can eat everyday for the rest of your life?
Macaroni and cheese. Hands down.
10. What is that one thing you cannot live without ?
Jesus – He is my Rock. 🙂 And I wouldn’t want to live without my laptop. I need it for writing.
11. One role of a movie actor you would to play if given the chance ?
Gabriella from High School Musical. Not only would I get to act, I would get to sing too! However, I’ve never acted or sang in front of people before, so it probably wouldn’t go well. I’d most likely get so nervous that I’d clam up. 😄
That was really fun! Thanks again for the nomination, Urvashi’s Thoughts! 🙂
And here are the blogs I’m nominating (turns out I can nominate up to 11 blogs, so I’ve added more nominees :D):
- Highly Improbable
- Refreshing Spirit
- Where Glory Dwells
- Wings of Poetry
There’s no pressure to accept; however, if you do, I would love to read your answers! 🙂
- Do you believe in Jesus?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- If you could live in any fictional world or place, where would you live?
- If you had a working time machine, when and where would you visit?
- If you could spend a day talking to a famous person (alive or dead – let’s pretend that you can use the time machine again XD), who would it be?
- What genres of books do you typically read (if you read books)?
- What is your favorite beverage?
- Is there anything that you are absolutely terrified of?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Do you have a pet? If so, what kind do you have?